Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

hello, are you fabulous?

mmmmm...... so just how is the 2010 International Year of Fabulousness going? Were you fabulous today?

My acts of fabulousness:
1. got off my fat, lazy arse and pushed my bike up the hill to work for the first time in months
2. ate all my vegetables
3. refused to feel guilty for spending lots of time talking with my friends at work about important, but non-work-related stuff
4. purchased new reading material
5. bought someone else a coffee
6. enforced the 'a hyphen is not an n-rule' rule (this is very important to the future of fabulousness)
7. booked dinner for me and my great chum JC at a well known, but yet unexplored, eatery
8. remembered my dad's birthday (my father works hard to make us, and him, forget his birthday, so this is better than it sounds)

OK, this is a pretty pissy list, but it's not bad for a start (yesterday was excluded from fabulousness).

I have also come to the realisation that I am no longer a food blogger. I love food. I love to cook. But I only like to blog about it sometimes, and less and less all the time. I'd rather bore you with lists of fabulousness, and occasional political/social musings, and really just the boring crap that goes on in my life. Really, isn't that what blogging is all about, excuses for us all to think that the cyber world is actually interested in the insignificant minutiae of our lives. Do you care that I bought someone I only sometimes like a coffee. I suspect not, but it made me feel fabulous because I put her foibles aside and was fabulous. So, hurrah me.

God, I'm like those chicks who have weight loss 'journey' blogs aren't I.

Sorry sister, if you're on a journey you end up in a pub in Soho, or a temple on a mountain somewhere in China, not in size 8 jeans.

Fuck! I've become boring!!!!!* Go on, you can tell me the truth. Does my blog look big in this?

OK, in my journey to fabulousness I will attempt to limit the amount of times I mention the consumption of f'n'v - unless it's baked in a pie or covered in white sauce. I will not talk about my riding feats, unless it's to somewhere fabulous, like a temple on a mountain in China. I will not tell you all about my victories of design sensibilities, and will limit my descriptions of academic procrastination**

I will be fabulous in a quiet, unassuming manner.

And this is my promise to you.

*the boring in my name refers to the history, not the girl. Not that I think history is boring. It's just that everyone else I know does.

** this is a lie. I will always prattle on about my acts of academic procrastination. I don't care if you don't read it, but damn it, it makes me feel good.

No comments: