Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 22, 2010

two wheeled fabulous

Today was the Mutual Community Breakaway Leg of the Tour Down Under. 'Mum and Dad'* cyclists got the chance to ride the same route as the professionals - while the professionals were still in bed.

Not wanting to be at the Norwood Shopping Centre at 4.30am I instead visited a chum with a summer house at Port Willunga. Instead of riding 145km through the Adelaide Hills we rode 40km through the McLaren Vale and stopped for lunch at the Currant Shed Restaurant at Hoffman's Wines. I had stuffed zucchini flowers for starters and a lamb backstrap thingy for main. But to start with we had a portion of turkey liver pate to share.

Oh
My
God

This was without a doubt one of the best things I have ever eaten in my life. Divine. I am too sweaty and tired and slightly sun burnt to write much more than that, but it was fabulous. If ever in Adelaide you must visit and you must have the pate. Ring first to make sure it's on the menu.

* I hate the phrase 'mum and dad'. 'mum and dad investors', 'mum and dad business people'. Just because you're neither a mum nor a dad doesn't make you some kind a freak. Yes, I'm talking to you, people at Today Tonight.

2 comments:

Dr Space Junk said...

I want this pate.

Kitty said...

you do, you really really do. Now I am at home eating icecream. When will the glutony end?