Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 25, 2009

puddle jumping

I should have called this procrastination post 1,967.

This weekend I am supposed to be cleaning the house to Teutonic standards in preparation for the house guest arriving next week. Needless to say I've done everything but. I've got as far as dusting the windowsill in the bathroom. Yep, that's about it.

It's too glorious to clean. The unthinkable has happened, the unexpected, the unspoken, the thing no one has ever dared to hope for.

It's raining. And how. It's blowing a gale and pissing down. It's freakin' glorious


And the cold weather has awoken a hunger in my so insatiable I'm not sure how I'll be come August. I should have taken pictures of my own roast duck and dumplings, but I made soup out of them and wolfed it all down, so here are some pictures similar to those I would have taken:





Also today is ANZAC Day, so once again I give thanks for being where I am, doing what I'm doing with the safety and serenity that was fought for by others.

1 comment:

A Free Man said...

It was a glorious rain, wasn't it?