Lady Miss Fi came for lunch, and it was just lamb fillets marinated in lemon and garlic and rosemary, bbq'd and sliced thinly over salad with a yoghurt dressing.
but i though i'd make a cake for desert. one to get rid of some of the stuff i had hanging around from other baking escapades.
Raspberry and pistachio yoghurt cake
2 cups self raising flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
100g melted butter
1 cup natural yoghurt
1 cup frozen raspberries
for the crumble
1/4 brown sugar
60g butter, chilled
1/2 self raising flour
50g crushed pistachio
1 tblspn brown sugar
1/4 tspn cinnamon powder
- preheat oven to 170 degrees, and butter and line a springform tin (20cm)
- make the crumble by rubbing all the ingredients together with the tips of your fingers. place in the fridge
- sift cake flour into a bowl and add in sugar
- add yoghurt and eggs to saucepan you've melted the butter in (just melt it, it doesn't have to be a bubbling inferno), and whisk to combine.
- pour the eggy, yoghurty butter mix into the flour
- put approximately half the batter into the cake tin, sprinkle liberally with the nut mix and the cover with the rest of the batter.
- press the raspberries into the top of the cake batter, so they sit flush with the top of the cake
- spread the crumble mix on top
- bake 55-60 minutes.
- dust with icing sugar, serve warm.
very, very nice. rich, moist, berry and nutty. i put a spoonful of yoghurt on the side to serve. will certainly be making this one again!